Here is just some of what your child will experience on our adventures
• Competence and awareness around safety, and hazards in nature, farm, and home.
• Confidence building experiences, deepened communication skills, teamwork & collaboration.
• Tree climbing, rock hopping, general mucking around and mystery solving
• Tracking animals, and finding them, making track casts, learning where animals live, what they eat,what eats them, where animals hide from people.
• Farm animals, Cattle, pigs, chickens, and eggs. Observing their behavior,
relationship to each other and native plants and animals.
• Discovering what plants you can and can't eat, what plants can be used for medicine/ first aid.
• Wandering and timeless exploration in forest and field
• Music, singing and storytelling
• Survival Skills such as, shelter-building, primitive fire-making and other ‘earth living skills’
• Watershed, Creek, and pond, exploration
• Listening for and understanding the language of the birds, & forest, as the other animals do.
• Lots of Games, mimicking animals, hide and seek, camouflage
• Running, hiking, play and laughter
• Awareness of natural cycles, seasonal changes, decomposition, moon phases , weather etc.
Kids need backpack, water bottle, snack, and lunch.
Also layered cloths/rain gear that can be carried hands free.
Optional knife (Straight blade or locking blade ONLY.)
Kids will be Knife Certified by staff before using knife.
Participant agreement and medical release completed.
June 27 - July 1
July 11- 15
July 18 -22
August 1 - 5
Tuition: $300.00/5days per child.
Drop-in $65.00 per day.
$50.00 Deposit with Registration Forms
Please call for Drop-In availability.
Look forward to seeing you all at the Farm..
Nature Nook in the Old Barn
Tara Firma Farms
3796 I Street Ext
707 225 2404
Please contact Peter for more details, firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks.